Frit is a glass material obtained through the melting process using a particular “frit kiln”.
The main functionalities of the frit are:
- The glass obtained is not soluble in water so we can use raw materials that were not useful or soluble in water.
- Frit melts at a lower temperature compared with the starting mixture of raw materials.
- Frit is more homogeneous than the mixture.
- Frit doesn’t have weight variation (= no LOI) and C-S emission during firing.
- Allow to use/introduce harmful raw materials.